Thursday, July 3, 2008

Welcoming New Faces




As you know I; "The King" has began to create a new denim brand for all you denimheads out there. Yes, yes, and yes ill have sneak peak pictures up soon but that's another post. This one goes out to another extension of what we are building; he is the face behind the brand. I would like to introduce you to one of our newest models to the family; Devon Drakkar Lane Simmons. I sate this young man down for some good Q & A...........well start read damnit


Q: After all these years why do you think modeling is so popular?


A: Personally, I think modeling is so popular because now a days it's not all about just beauty. There are so many models with their own looks ranging from natural beauty to a unique weird and people like to see different. Also, you have those everyday know it all's thinking they could model because it is easy, which is not the case. When in actuality they are making it harder for the REAL MODELS. When, I say REAL MODELS, I am talking about those who sleep, drink, eat, dream and breath modeling. Also, you must be mentally ready.


Q: Out of all the models in the world, what makes you stand out?


A: Well, first of all I am DeVon Drakkar Lane Simmons. I already stand out. When, people meet and talk to me they see, and hear a model inside of me. I have my own unique style and drive that some models lack and most people do not have. I feel that I am the best. Whatever I do, I go 110percent. But most of all I stand out because of GOD! He has made me who and what I am today. GOD is allowing me to share and show my talents to the world.


Q: What drives you to continue modeling?


A: My FAMILY! But most of all myself. When I wake up everyday(Thanks to GOD) I see and hear the struggle. I am unhappy where I am in life so I push myself to do better. I want to start waking up everyday happy knowing that I made or am making my mark on the fashion industry and on the world. Once, I become recognized as the best or one of the best then that still will never be enough for me.


Q: What have been your favorite pair of jeans that you have owned?


A: Wow, this is tough. I never really owned a good pair of denims that I really, really loved or I would call my favorite. The only denims I really got was the ones that where on sale and I had to make them work. The most I've ever payed on denims was about fifty dollars, and that was a one time thing. So, I would have to say none.


Q: In the modeling world who do you look at as an icon living or dead and why?


A: That's easy! Tyson Beckford. I look up to and study him, like basketball players study Micheal Jordan. The reason why, is because he has opened many doors for other black male models. I definitely want to be the one who takes Tyson's place at the top. He is the best, so I am putting myself up against the best. But, most of all I will always have respect for him and hope one day we both will work together making history.


Q: Do you remember your first photo shoot?


A: Ah, hell yeah! I remember it as if it was yesterday. I learned a key lesson and I will never eat while working; I will for sure afterwards though. Lets just say after I ate, on camera I looked like a baby blow fish. But overall I had fun and enjoyed every second of it; all eleven hours. Right, then I discovered a hidden gift that GOD allowed me to have.


Q: How do you feel about helping out up and coming lines?


A: Well, the more and more I make my mark in the world of fashion I become split in half. Meaning, that one side of me wants to help, but then the other side is not sure. The reason, why is because I do not want to help the wrong line that could possibly bring my image down, which I've worked so hard to build. Do not get me wrong, I would for sure rock the lines outside in public. If it comes down to working(using my image) then that would be a tough decision. I am all for up and coming line and designers because they have the drive and determination that most designers lose.

No comments: